Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Victory for Witch Hunt: Amanda Marcotte Resigns


Amanda Marcotte has resigned. Her statement says it all.

"[I]f I can't do the job I was hired to do because Bill Donohue doesn't have anything better to do with his time than harass me, then I won't do it."

Scroll down for a telling excerpt from Amanda's statement complete with misogynistic 'Christian' X-Rated language from Donohue's followers.

Watch for the blogospheric spotlight to turn increasingly on to the horribly flawed 'Christian' Donohue. We will be holding a grudge. We are not going to forgive or forget the misogynistic 'Christian' from Hell.

In the meantime, Donohue is not quite done with his little modern day witch hunt.

Bill Donohue's latest news release says: It is not enough that one foul-mouthed anti-Christian bigot, Amanda Marcotte, has quit. Melissa McEwan must go as well... the Catholic League will see to it that this issue won’t go away."

Excerpt From Amanda's statement at Pandagon:

People who claim to love Jesus write me

As I told some close friends in the days that Donohue was on the news, spraying code words about "get the feminists" (which explains why he roped Shakespeare's Sister into this, even though she really had nothing to do with any of this---except she's pro-equality, which is what is really what offends Donohue and all the people who gave that anti-Semite airtime), a good half of my hate mail could be summed up, "You have a pottymouth, you stupid cunt." An example, from Paul Bernard of Scottsdale, AZ:

i like the way you trash talk i don't particularly want to have sex with you but i would like a blow job.

Right wingers right now are pretending like sexism has nothing to do with me, which is an argument that works if you think a) men get emails about how they need to suck a dick on a regular basis and b) that there's nothing whatsoever sexist about allowing men to curse but hitting the fainting couch if a woman does.

Bud Phelps, another person who opposes "bigotry", as defined by right wing shill Bill Donohue.

It's just too bad your mother didn't abort you. You are nothing more than a filthy mouth slut. I bet a couple of years in Iraq being raped and beaten daily would help you appreciate America a little. Need a plane ticket ?

Time to wake up and smell reality---real bigots follow the siren call of the fascist right wing. Why would they even bother with liberals and all our equality and human rights and other tedious ideas?

Romanco De Leone was also moved by Donohue's poignant claims about insulating the Catholic church from legitimate criticisms.

YOU RACIST WHORE. FAT UGLY BITCH. SUCK MY LONG COCK ASSHOLE I HOPE YOU KIDS NEVER LIVE AND YOUR PARENTS DIE A TRAGIC DEATH YOU ASSHOLE BITCH!
I HOPE YOUR WOMB IS BARREN AND YOUR CAREER PLUMMETS TO HELL YOU BITCH

But I shan't belabor the point. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of the hate mail the Bill Donohue's "Christian" campaign against me has inspired. This is all stuff from days ago---I've gotten more than 100 since. Hell, from the looks of my email from last night, I've had more than 100 in the past 12 hours from self-proclaimed Christians who want me to know that I have hurt their feelings and this has nothing, nothing whatsoever to do with their own misogyny and tendency to witch hunt.

Read the whole thing..

Hat tip to Aunt B. over at Tiny Cat Pants

Previously on TGW:
Edwards Reconsiders Hire of Feminist Bloggers
Edwards Bloggers So NOT Fired!