Monday, August 21, 2006

George Allen Blogs - Apologies for Confederate Role



I'm sure you remember the blog of White House groupie, Harriet Miers. Well, not to be outdone, Senator George Allen, champion of all things Confederate, now has his own Confederate-flag-waving blog.

In response to criticism for the U.S. Senator's decision to don the Confederate uniform in the gawdawful movie - [White] Gods and [White] Generals - and play a bit role singing praises to the Confederacy -- "For Southern Rights, Hurrah! Hurrah!" -- the blogging George Allen offers an apology, of sorts.

Much like Allen's other apology and just like the good old boys we have come to know and distrust, Senator Allen carries on the proud conservative tradition of apologizing without apologizing:

"I will not apologize for my decision to don the uniform. However, if you were offended by the misinterpretation of my decision, then I do apologize on behalf of the misinterpreters. My involvement was not intended to be offensive. I would still like to be President of the entire Union, and any insinuations to the contrary are completely false. "