Thursday, May 02, 2013

Nashville T-Mobile Accused of Pregnancy Discrimination



T-Mobile Nashville appears to be guilty of pregnancy discrimination. And yes, pregnancy discrimination is illegal.  Talk about a cheap company. And dangerous to the health of women and their babies. 

The Nashville T-Mobile call center forced this pregnant woman, and god knows how many others, to get a doctor's note to go to the bathroom and then to clock out whenever she did!

  “If a pregnant woman is the only employee being forced to clock out, and they don’t require males or non-pregnant females to do so, it would seem to me that would be pregnancy discrimination.”

 Just the kind of stress a pregnant woman needs.   

Why would anyone buy a phone from an anti family company like T-Mobile?   

Mom's Rising Org:  Why I Believe in Paid Sick Leave: 

 My supervisor said if I had a medical necessity to use the toilet, I should go get a note from my doctor. And my doctor thought I was crazy. She told me, “I’m sure one person going to the toilet wouldn’t mean the collapse of an entire T-Mobile customer service center!” 

 ... After a long consultation with H.R. to make sure it would be air tight, I got the doctor’s note, so I was free to go to the bathroom whenever I needed. But T-Mobile was absolutely not going to pay me for going to the toilet. So every time I needed to go, I had to clock out and lot out of the system. Then I had to write it down and turn it into resource planning – just to make sure it I wasn’t gone an unreasonable amount of time! 
 
... I would sprint – as much as a heavily pregnant woman can — between my desk and the bathroom to make sure I squeezed every second I could out of my work day. Everything I did was scrutinized. I felt picked on. Someone was always watching over my shoulder, monitoring my performance.  . .

 Finally one of my doctors told me that she was putting me on full FMLA. It was all too much. I still wasn’t eating, drinking and using the toilet like I was supposed it. I was getting sick. My blood pressure was sky high. I was stressed about the possibility of losing my job and my health insurance.  I wanted to tell my story because this is why paid medical and sick leave is so important. No one should have to go through what I did.

TENNESSEAN: Former Nashville call center worker had to clock out for bathroom breaks during pregnancy

ABC NEWS: Pregnant T-Mobile Employee Clocked Out to Use Toilet

 “I’m done with T-Mobile. I don’t want anything to do with them anymore.”
                                                                                                        --  Kristi Rifkin


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:24 PM

    I аm regular ѵіѕіtor, hoω
    arе уοu everybodу? Thiѕ piece of wгiting ρosted аt this web site is trulу
    fastidiοus.

    my ωeb site hcg before and after

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:37 PM

    Howdy! This post couldn't be written much better! Looking at this article reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I most certainly will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he'll
    have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!



    Also visit my web blog ... losing weight fast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:49 AM

    Various people want varying shoes wisely to suit different
    occasions. Not be hesitant to help make an arrangement on the address that grabs personal curiosity.
    May match lots of the outfits with each one of these amazing styles.
    Now this bag, as a full-blown rose, is blooming in
    the make stage. http://www.greenbonsai.co.kr/xe/index.php?
    mid=gsub5_vodlecture

    My webpage: ヴィトン 偽物

    ReplyDelete