Friday, February 13, 2009

Democrat? Republican? Who Keeps F'ing Us Over?


Cenk Uygur asks: Who Keeps Screwing Us Over? Then he answers the question. Why, it's the Republicans and the Democrats!

But this depressing assessment comes as no surprise to TGW's astute readers.

Don't blame me. I voted for Hillary. And when that didn't work, I voted for the Green Party.

Yeah, somebody took the CEO pay cap out of the stimulus bill:

I shouldn't be surprised by now. But I still was when I read the article this morning in the Washington Post explaining that the cap on executive pay has been removed from the stimulus bill. I knew what Congress was doing yesterday by bringing the Wall Street executives in and scolding them in public was a dog and pony show. But I had not realized how profoundly full of shit these politicians are.

They make a big display of yelling at the CEOs and then the very next day they quietly remove any cap on their compensation. These people are not on our side. This is why so many Americans are so damn frustrated. Everyone in power appears to be bought and paid for. There is a circle of people in DC and NY that keep passing the money around to one another and then come and collect it from us.


Graphic via TGW Cafe Press Shop: "Don't blame me. I voted for Hillary."

Related: TNA - The Fraternity of Leadership continues….