Tuesday, May 16, 2006

McCain Slams Bloggers as Immature & Egotistical


No wonder John McCain is hanging with, and sucking up to, Jerry Falwell. It was a long time ago when McCain called Falwell an "agent of intolerance" and an "evil influence." That was way back in 2000. Nowadays, the two have lots in common. Not only do they look alike, both like to issue sweeping generalizations and broad condemnations.

And what's a little sucking up to the religious right when it means you might get an extra vote or two?

Here's John McCain flaunting his utter conceit and arrogance by stereotyping bloggers as a monolithic band of young, immature, and full-of-ourselves fools. Gee, perhaps if we try real hard, one day we'll grow up to be as wise and humble as Jerry Falwell's new best buddy.

John McCain, the once and future egomaniac:

When I was a young man, I was quite infatuated with self-expression, and rightly so because, if memory conveniently serves, I was so much more eloquent, well-informed, and wiser than anyone else I knew. It seemed I understood the world and the purpose of life so much more profoundly than most people. I believed that to be especially true with many of my elders, people whose only accomplishment, as far as I could tell, was that they had been born before me, and, consequently, had suffered some number of years deprived of my insights…It’s a pity that there wasn’t a blogosphere then. I would have felt very much at home in the medium.

Way to go, John! If you're going to court the religious right, it really helps if you can stereotype and condemn large groups of people. Congratulations on your talent at that. The religious whackos will probably vote for you, unless they happen to be bloggers, dummy.