Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Wolfowitz to Guard the Henhouse; Bankruptcy for Millionaires Only;TN Gay Adoption Ban Defeated in Committee


I thought I would take a day off today. In the midst of the extremist strongarm tactics seen in our state and nation these days, I guess the day off will just have to wait.

I pulled up my email this morning to find that
Paul Wolfowitz has been appointed by Bush to head up the World Bank. Aghast, I read that the Bush Administration is pushing for "major reforms" in how the World Bank operates. We all know what that means.

Following that lump of coal in my stocking, I moved on to read about how the
Republicans are steamrolling the bankruptcy "reform" while Democrats wait and wonder. Included in this legislation are loopholes big enough for the wealthiest Americans to drive their Hummers through.

Thank goodness for the
news about the defeat of the gay adoption ban. If it weren't for that, I would wonder why I got up this morning.