Wednesday, April 25, 2007

No One Suffers More than George and Laura Bush


"No one suffers more than their President and I do."
-- Laura Bush, Today Show, 4/25/07

Gawd! The humility! Don't you feel their pain? Poor Laura and George.

Molly Ivins, did you hear that?

Lady Bush was responding to this question on the topic of the Iraq War:

"Do you know the American people are suffering?"

Grieving families everywhere will be gratified to know that the nobility in the White House suffers so. Guess that's why King George and Lady Laura can't attend the funerals. The pain would be so much more than our betters could endure.

We are reminded that it runs in the family:

"But why should we hear about body bags, and deaths, and how many, what day it's gonna happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Or, I mean, it's, it's not relevant. So, why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that."
-- Barbara Bush, 2003

And now I must leave to go vomit.

[via Blue Oregon]