Sunday, January 14, 2007

I Am Not Blogging About Tucker Carlson


And this is NOT a photo of Tucker Carlson. The story about the video store clerk who was fired because he blogged about his encounter with Tucker Carlson has traveled from blog to blog to the Washington Post.

According to the guilty blogger Freelance Genius, after Tucker read his blog, the sensitive conservative pundit returned to the video store and threatened to "destroy" the lowly clerk:

Tucker: If you keep this shit up, I will fucking destroy you.
The Genius (Me): Whoah, perhaps you would like to take this outside where you can continue threatening me without disturbing the other customers.
Tucker: Looks out the window, then back at me I am not threatening you.
The Genius: You just said you would fucking destroy me.
Tucker: No, I didn’t.

Wonkette reports that Tucker Carlson has a habit of googling himself and over-reacting to criticism.

We think Tucker probably spends as much time gazing into mirrors as he does googling himself. We did not say that!

The blogger who lost his job because he took a humorous little jab at Tucker Carlson says he's also written about seeing Karl Rove:

"I'm just a guy with a blog," he said. "I live over MacArthur Boulevard and I go to work and sometimes I see famous people. . . . I blogged about seeing Karl Rove, and the Secret Service didn't knock down my door."

via memeorandum