Thursday, October 25, 2012

Colin Powell Endorses Barack Obama

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president:
"I voted for him in 2008 and I plan to stick with him in 2012 and I'll be voting for he and for Vice President Joe Biden next month."

...He added that with this endorsement, he "signed on for a long patrol with President Obama" and that he feels more comfortable with Obama's stances on climate change, immigration, and education.
Powell expresses deep concern about Romney's extreme flip-flopping on foreign policy and his ultra right-wing stance on domestic issues: 
"The governor who was saying things at the debate on Monday night ... was saying things that were quite different from what he said earlier. I'm not quite sure which Gov. Romney we would be getting with respect to foreign policy.. And my concern ... is that sometimes I don't sense that he has thought through these issues as thoroughly as he should have."
Powell also said that he has given close consideration to Romney's domestic policies. "As I listen to what his proposals are especially with respect to dealing with respect to our most significant issue, the economy, it's essentially let's cut taxes and compensate for that with other things but that compensation does not cover all of the cuts intended or the new expenses associated with defense."