Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bernie Sanders: Primary President Obama

Bernie Sanders suggests that the way to save Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid from President Obama, aka the Conceder-in-Chief, is to primary him:

"I think there are millions of Americans who are deeply disappointed in the president, who believe that with regard to Social Security and other things, he said one thing as a candidate and is doing something very much else as a president. Who cannot believe how weak he has been for whatever reason in negotiating with Republicans, and there’s deep disappointment. So my suggestion is, I think one of the reasons the president has made the move so far to the right is that there is no primary opposition to him and I think it would do this country a good deal of service if people started thinking about candidates out there to begin contrasting a progressive agenda as opposed to what Obama believes he’s doing. [...] So I would say to Ryan, discouragement is not an option. I think it would be a good idea if President Obama faced some primary opposition."

Speaking of the Conceder-in-Chief: The Return Of The Bride Of Barack Obama Buys A Lawnmower

Bookmark and Share