Friday, December 21, 2007

Icelandic Woman's Welcome to Police State America: Read it and Weep


A young blonde Icelandic woman writes on an Icelandic blog about her recent police state experience in the United States:

During the last twenty-four hours I have probably experienced the greatest humiliation to which I have ever been subjected. During these last twenty-four hours I have been handcuffed and chained, denied the chance to sleep, been without food and drink and been confined to a place without anyone knowing my whereabouts, imprisoned. Now I am beginning to try to understand all this, rest and review the events which began as innocently as possible.

Ah yes, America the land of leg chains and handcuffs. Like I heard someone on cable news say last night, we now know that George Orwell was a miserable hack in light of what goes on in America today. Many thanks to traitors George W. Bush, Dick Cheney and the loathsome Republican Party.

Read more of Eva Ósk Arnardóttir's story . .

via Andrew Sullivan

Liberty Street: Christmas in New York -- Don't Try It If You're a Foreigner

Matthew Yglesias: Welcome to America
No Fly Zone