Friday, December 21, 2007

Mitt Romney Lies About MLK


Once again, Mitt Romney has been caught telling lies. The GOP presidential contender told 2 national television audiences:

"I saw my father march with Martin Luther King."

But Mitt Romney was either hallucinating or lying. Mitt's dad did NOT march with MLK. So now the bullshit artist says it all depends on what the meaning of "saw" is:

A defensive Romney was peppered with questions today on exactly what he meant when he said -- most recently on Meet the Press -- that he "saw" his father march with Martin Luther King Jr. Recent articles have indicated that his father, the late Michigan Gov. George Romney, didn't march with the civil-rights leader.

Admitting that he didn't see the march with his own eyes, he said, "I 'saw' him in the figurative sense." . . . "The reference of seeing my father lead in civil rights," he said, "and seeing my father march with Martin Luther King is in the sense of this figurative awareness of and recognition of his leadership. . I've tried to be as accurate as I can be," he continued, smiling firmly. "If you look at the literature or look at the dictionary, the term 'saw' includes being aware of -- in the sense I've described."

The questioning did not relent. "I'm an English literature major," he insisted at one point. "When we say I saw the Patriots win the World Series, it doesn't necessarily mean you were there." (He meant the Super Bowl, of course.)

Boston Globe: Romney never saw father on King march
Crooks & Liars: Romney’s tall tale about MLK
The Corner: To See Or Not To See
YouTube: Romney Has A Truth Problem