Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Drudge Caught in Another Lie -- About Hillary


The media nitwits are spinning so many lies and mistruths about the leading Democratic candidate, no one could possibly keep up with them (though I'm sure Media Matters is coming close!)

Earlier today all the rightwing bloggers were spreading lies about the all powerful and always "manipulative" Hillary Clinton and how she pressured Wolf Blitzer to go easy on her in this week's debate. Yeah, right. What I'm wondering is when Hillary is going to pressure the old media to give her a little positive coverage. Of course, the righties are using this opportunity to recycle some of their many lies about that last debate, the one featuring deceptive Hillary-hater Tim Russert as more debater than moderator.

Wolf Blitzer says it ain't true:

"Not true, no one has pressured me. No one has threatened me. No one is trying to intimidate me," he said on CNN's Situation Room. "No one even called me to try and pressure me or anything like that."

Drudge's source reportedly stated that "this campaign is about issues, not on who we can bring down and destroy." The insider also included a warning that Blitzer should not "go down to the levels of character attack and pull 'a Russert.'"

When asked why such a rumor would have started, Blitzer could only fashion a guess. "I try to suspect that maybe some rival campaign was trying to create a little mischief, trying to get her embarassed," he said. "But I have no idea where it came from."