Monday, June 25, 2007

Elizabeth Edwards Leads on Gay Marriage and More


By now, I'm sure you've heard that Elizabeth Edwards has become the first major candidate or spouse to attend the San Francisco Gay Pride festivities.

To "thunderous applause," Elizabeth Edwards then became the first major candidate or spouse to openly support gay marriage!

"I don't know why somebody else's marriage has anything to do with me," she said. "I'm completely comfortable with gay marriage."

Like every other major Democratic candidate, John Edwards does not openly support gay marriage. Instead, Edwards and the other Dems openly support the second-class citizenship alternative of civil unions.

I believe Elizabeth Edwards has also earned the distinction of becoming the first wife of a major candidate to actually express a controversial opinion that differs from that of her husband.

What kind of role model is this woman?