Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hillary Vows to Partner with Gays if Elected President



In what the Associated Press is calling "an unpublicized speech," Hillary Clinton told the Human Rights Campaign that she wants "a partnership with gays if elected president."

Clinton spoke of her opposition to the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, as well as the Bush Administration's policy of "politiciz[ing] the most personal and intimate issues."

"I want you to know that this is exactly the kind of partnership we will have when I am president," Clinton told the group. "I want you to know that just as you always have an open door to my Senate office, you will always have an open door to the White House and together we can continue this journey."

A video clip of Clinton's speech to the HRC is available here.

Color me skeptical and disdainful of crumbs, but hopeful. Already this is better than Kerry. The ball is in the Obama court . . . and in the Edwards court, etc.