Sunday, January 14, 2007

Bush On 60 Minutes: 'Iraqis Owe the American People'


Bush, or someone who looks like him, will appear on CBS's 60 Minutes tonight. (Yep, it's true, that wet spot on Dubya's face is supposed to be his tears.) With characteristic off-the-planet arrogance, the pResident will tell the world that the "Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude."

I wonder if the Decider will say anything about how he plans to settle that 'huge debt' by taking 75% of Iraq's oil profits for thirty years.

Bush will tell Congress to f**k off -- on prime time tv -- by stating that Congress is not going to stop him from having his surge/escalation.

And the pResident will tell the world, again, that he was "right to invade" Iraq. Cause preemptive war is the American way.

But will the Decider's words be more believable than the Decider's tears?

Sorry, Dubya. No one believes you are crying real tears.

Wonkette -- "We ignored this picture of Crying Dubya because it seemed awfully convenient that he’s suddenly weeping for dead U.S. troops just when we suddenly “need” another 21,000 Americans dumped into his Babylonian Meat-Grinder. But it takes on a whole new meaning when the Drudge Report is making fun of it. Jesus, talk about losing your base."

And from a Wonkette reader: "You know, in all the times that I've cried in my life, I've noticed that the tears always well up from where my TEAR DUCTS are, and don't in fact begin on the OUTSIDE of my eye. Not that I suspect the president Visene'd a prime photo-op at this kid's funeral... Wait, that's completely and exactly what I'm saying. I call bullshit on this. Deep, lasting, lingering bullshit."