Friday, April 07, 2006

Lies About Leaks, Count Them


Nothing this alleged president does suprises me. But some lies out of George W. Bushie's corrupt and immoral mouth are more astounding than others. Scroll down for just a very few of the latest newly discovered dirty little lies.


New York Times (see link above):

WASHINGTON, April 6 — President Bush authorized Vice President Dick Cheney in July 2003 to permit Mr. Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis Libby Jr., to leak key portions of a classified prewar intelligence estimate on Iraq, according to Mr. Libby's grand jury testimony.

The testimony, cited in a court filing by the government late Wednesday, provides the first indication that Mr. Bush, who has long assailed leaks of classified information as a national security threat, played a direct role in the disclosure of the intelligence report on Iraq at a moment that the White House was trying to defend itself against charges that it had inflated the case against Saddam Hussein.

If Mr. Libby's account is accurate, it also involves Mr. Bush directly in the swirl of events surrounding the disclosure of the identity of an undercover C.I.A. officer.

Lies pResident Bush told us:

1. "I don't know of anybody in my administration who leaked classified information. If somebody did leak classified information, I'd like to know it, and we'll take the appropriate action." (Bush, 9/30/03)

2. "If there is a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. And if the person has violated law, the person will be taken care of. . . . I have told our administration, people in my administration to be fully cooperative. I want to know the truth. If anybody has got any information inside our administration or outside our administration, it would be helpful if they came forward with the information so we can find out whether or not these allegations are true and get on about the business." (Bush, 9/30/03)

3. "I'd like to know if somebody in my White House did leak sensitive information." (Bush, 10/28/03)

4. Reporter: "Do you stand by your pledge to fire anyone found to have done so?" pResident Bush: "Yes. And that's up to the U.S. Attorney to find the facts." {6/10/04)

5. "I want to know the truth. ... I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is, partially because, in all due respect to your profession, you do a very good job of protecting the leakers." (Bush, 10/28/03)

6. "If someone committed crime, they will no longer work in my administration." (Bush, 7/18/05)

7. "The President has set high standards, the highest of standards for people in his administration. He's made it very clear to people in his administration that he expects them to adhere to the highest standards of conduct. If anyone in this administration was involved in it, they would no longer be in this administration." (White House Press Secretary, 9/29/03)

8. "Let me answer what the President has said. I speak for the President and I'll talk to you about what he wants . . .If someone leaked classified information, the President wants to know. If someone in this administration leaked classified information, they will no longer be a part of this administration, because that's not the way this White House operates, that's not the way this President expects people in his administration to conduct their business." (White House Press Secretary, 10/7/03)

Via RAW Story, where you will find the links for each and every one of the aforementioned dirty little lies.