Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kim Gandy: It Bodes Ill for the Progress We've Made


Quote of the Day

She was called a bitch, a witch, shrill, cackle, cleavage - all words that come to mind - and, what was it, thick ankles? . . The fact that that kind of sexism was so commonplace and so little remarked upon bodes ill for the progress that we've made as a society. . . I didn't expect it. I didn't. I expected a little bit. I expected some. But I didn't expect this level of venom directed at her from people in the mainstream media. I expect it from the fringe Fox News types, sure. But from NPR, from CNN, from NBC and MSNBC, no, I didn't.

. . He needs to ask for [women's] support the same way Senator Clinton did. She did not take the women's vote for granted. She sought it. It was the first time in a long time that we've been talked to by a candidate who wasn't talking down to us.