Thursday, October 11, 2012

Misogyny: Australia’s Female Prime Minister Calls Out Opposition Leader for Misogyny (While Pointing At His Face) (Video)

OMG! Gawd-dammit! Wow! I love this woman! Seriously. It is downright inspirational to discover that there is a woman in high office (very high) who is not afraid to lecture the men on their effin' misogyny!!  And by woman, I mean Julia Gillard, Prime Minister of Australia, Goddess love her.  Among other things, the Australian Prime Minister said: "I was offended when he stood next to a sign that described me as a 'man's bitch.'"
Watch it!!

I will not be lectured about sexism and misogyny by this man, I will not. Not now, not ever. What i won't stand for, what I will never stand for is the leader of the opposition peddling a double standard, a standard he has not set for members of his own front bench. 

If he wants to know what misogyny looks like in modern Australia he doesn't need a motion in the house of Representatives, he needs a mirror. 

I was very offended personally the Leader of the Opposition said abortion is the easy way out. I was offended by the sexism, by the misogyny of the Leader of the Opposition cat calling across this table at me as I sit here as prime minister [saying], 

'If the prime minister wants to make an honest woman of herself…' something that would never have been said to any man sitting in this chair. 

I was offended when he stood next to a sign that described me as a 'man's bitch.' 

He has said, 'If it's true that men have more power, generally speaking, than women, is that a bad thing?' [and] 'What if men, by physiology or temperament, are more adapted to exercise authority or to issue command?' 

He can apologise for standing next to signs [about me] saying, 'Ditch the Witch.' 

Now he is looking at his watch [which Abbott was] because apparently a woman's spoken too long.

via Jezebel