Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Men that Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton Have in Common (Video)

What do Sarah Palin and Hillary Rodham Clinton have in common? For starters, how about the fanatical misogynistic disdain and contempt of the likes of Eugene Robinson, Chris Matthews, Andrew Sullivan and Newsweek's Jon Meacham? All of whom remind me relentlessly that I am beyond sick and tired of the male monopoly on power which the very loud and deafening male media voices are so fanatical about protecting with every demeaning and degrading sexist trick in the old patriarchal book.

And I am sick and tired of having to defend a woman whose policy positions are the polar opposite of mine. But no woman deserves the onslaught of sexism that is unleashed upon every last woman who tries to take "a man's job." Anyone who thinks this male dominated country is a democracy is delusional. If ever there was a time to organize the women's party that the National Organization for Women once talked about, this is it!

In today's Washington Post, Nobel Prize winning Eugene Robinson devotes every precious word of his prized column space to ridiculing Sarah Palin as "Evita." Because unlike Sarah Palin, Eugene Robinson is an esteemed intellectual.

Eugene Robinson: No force on Earth can stop Sarah Palin from becoming our very own "lite" version of Eva PerĂ³n -- a glamorous and tragic legend, minus the tragedy. Eventually, some clever composer will write a blockbuster musical about her life and times. Stage directions will include: "SARAH fires gun. MOOSE dies."

Flashback to 2008 when Hillary Rodham Clinton was also perceived as a threat to the status quo of male domination:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: I always thought the problem with Hillary was, her notion of government was, "I am Evita, I am the one who gives gifts to the little people and then they come and bring me flowers and they worship at me because I am the great Evita."

"And I give things to people. I give them universal health care; I give them an energy program. I give gifts to the little people. The little people come to me and I give them gifts, like universal pre-K. I am the gift-giver to the little people. Oh, I am the grand, grand woman, the grand Evita. And I give gifts to the little peop
le and they're going to come to me in multitudes and worship at me!"


"Yes, I know it's inappropriate to compare a talented and accomplished woman such as Hillary Clinton with a homicidal cyborg from the future. But it's hard to come up with a better image for the woman's sheer relentlessness."

Newsweek Editor Jon Meacham's defense of the sexist cover: um, women's legs interest us -- "We chose the most interesting image available to us to illustrate the theme of the cover, which is what we always try to do. We apply the same test to photographs of any public figure, male or female: does the image convey what we are saying? That is a gender-neutral standard." Tell Newsweek what you think.