Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Alleged Stalker Shot Peeping Tom Videos of ESPN's Erin Andrews at Nashville Marriott

Alleged stalker and peeping tom Michael David Barrett was arrested by the FBI for interstate stalking and covertly filming ESPN reporter Erin Andrews through a peephole in her hotel door. The pervert made at least 8 videos of Andrews in the nude and posted them on the internet. Barrett's lawyer and friend for ten years says the peeping tom is just "a regular guy."

I don't think he's even had a traffic ticket. He's as regular a guy as you'll ever meet - a great friend. I must have calls from 30 people wanting to know what they could do to help.

Barrett's friend's name is Rick Beuke. It might be a good idea to run if you see either one of these "regular guys." Already, Barrett is out on bail and under house arrest.

Another creepy aspect of this story is the help provided to the stalker/pervert by the Nashville Marriott Hotel at Vanderbilt University. Barrett simply called the Marriott and requested a room next door to the ESPN sportscaster. The hotel was happy to oblige. I don't know why they didn't just give the stalker a key to her room. Thanks to the hotel's assistance, Michael David Barrett was able to easily capture nude videos of Erin Andrews. And it appears that Erin is not the regular guy's first victim:

Authorities say eight videos of Andrews were posted on the Internet, seven of which appear to have been taken in the Nashville Marriott. The complaint alleges the same person who posted videos of Andrews also posted others of nude women filmed through peepholes.

Media Have Fun with Peeping Tom Michael David Barrett

Oprah Interview, Sept. 11: "Even if I'm in a hotel or I'm in my house, I feel like I'm being videotaped. I think it'll always make me feel nervous, but I also feel it's my duty to come out and show this person, you know what, I worked hard for my career, and I got there the right way and they're not going to break me down." -- Erin Andrews

Tennessean: Nashville Marriott focus of Erin Andrews nude tapes