Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Obama Snubs Intelligence Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein


So Obama chose Leon Panetta to head the CIA and then he forgot to consult with, or bother to mention it to Dianne Feinstein, the incoming Chairwoman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence!

Senator Feinstein read about it in the New York Times.

The sweetie is pissed:

“I was not informed about the selection of Leon Panetta to be the CIA Director. I know nothing about this, other than what I’ve read,” Feinstein said in a statement. “My position has consistently been that I believe the Agency is best-served by having an intelligence professional in charge at this time.”

A Feinstein spokesman told CNN’s Dana Bash that the California senator found out about Obama’s pick after her staff showed her a New York Times report.

It turns out that Dianne Feinstein, the incoming Intelligence chairwoman (and Jay Rockefeller, the outgoing Intelligence chairperson), -- privately recommended someone with experience.

New York Times: Panetta Chosen as C.I.A. Chief in Surprise Step
Spy Talk: A Powerful Panetta Could Be the Cure for CIA's Ills
Obama's intel picks short on direct experience



Digg!