Friday, December 19, 2008

Gov. Blagojevich: Take this Job from My Cold Dead Hands (Video)


Governor Blagojevich held a defiant press conference today and in a Charlton Heston moment told the world that despite his 13 percent job approval rating and despite being caught on tape trying to sell Barack Obama's senate seat, the mafia-esque Governor is holding on to his job. To hell with the people of Illinois.

This is just one more reminder of the joke that the outdated antiquated American political system has become. As we witnessed in the example of trainwreck George W. Bush, once a pol gets into office, they are there for the duration -- regardless of the number of horrendous unconstitutional crimes committed and regardless of the wishes of the public.

Here in America, we don't correct our mistakes, we live with them.

Meanwhile, in the advanced nations, crooks and dysfunctional leaders can be swiftly kicked out of office with a quick vote of non-confidence. But here in the U.S., land of the cowboys, impeachment is such a cumbersome and lengthy process that a pol's term will likely be finished before the impeachment process is done.

"I will fight, I will fight, I will fight, until I take my last breath," said Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich.


"I am not guilty of any criminal wrongdoing. I will stay on the job and I will fight this thing every step of the way. I will fight, I will fight, I will fight, until I take my last breath. I have done nothing wrong. I will not quit a job the people hired me to do because of false accusations and a political lynch mob. I'm dying to answer these charges — I am dying to show you how innocent I am."
-- Gov. Rod Blagojevich

CNN: Blagojevich: ‘I will fight until I take my last breath’