Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Elizabeth Edwards Is Voting for Hillary


That Elizabeth Edwards is voting for Hillary has been glaringly obvious for a while now. While Elizabeth has not endorsed, the new article in People Magazine confirms the obvious. Elizabeth and John Edwards were asked what they liked and disliked about the candidates:

. . Mrs. Edwards didn't hesitate: "I like Hillary's health care plan."

. . On Obama, she says: "The fact that he has motivated so many young people to be involved, I think is fantastic." But, she adds: "I don't like his health care plan or his advertising on health care, which I think is misleading."

Her husband, who said he got yet another phone call from Obama as recently as last week [said] "I like something different about Hillary. I think her tenacity shows a real strength that's inside her."
What doesn't he like about Clinton? "Um, still a lot of the old politics," John Edwards said. As for Obama, he says: "Sometimes I want to see more substance under the rhetoric." But he cited two things he likes about the charismatic young senator from Illinois: "One is, I think he really does want to bring about serious change and a different way of doing things. And secondly, I think it's a great symbolic thing to have an African-American who could be president."


At that, Mrs. Edwards rolled her eyes and, gripping the arms of her kitchen chair with some exaggeration, seemed about to lunge from her seat. "What about the great symbolic thing about a woman ..."

"It's important. It's important," her husband said. "I know it."

Yes!! I know I'm not the only one who hears this conversation everywhere I go. I'm guessing John is also voting for Hillary -- if for no other reason, there's John's often expressed fear that Obama is not a fighter!