Thursday, January 24, 2008

Obama: Think You're Getting My Voters, Hillary?


[Update: Keith Olbermann video clip: Obama, A Divider, Not a Uniter added below.] In an interview with David Brody over at Pat Robertson's Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN), Barack Obama said:

"I have no doubt that once the nomination contest is over, I will get the people who voted for her. Now the question is can she get the people who voted for me? And I think that describes sort of one of the choices that people have, just a practical choice, as they move forward."

In other words: "I am the man, they eat out of the palm of my hand, I am the greatest, I am Barack Obama...the next Reagan..."

What a freakin' arrogant and potentially damaging-to-the-party thing to say. Why is that, Obama? Are you going to tell your supporters not to vote for Hillary? Oh, wait, you just did.

Well, golly gee, I guess that means I better vote for Obama.

Obama doesn’t mean to suggest that he’s a 'singular' fellow, but he does. Obama doesn’t mean to praise Reagan, but he does. Obama doesn’t mean to suggest that his supporters should not vote for Hillary, but he does.

Any bets on how long it will take before Obama and his supporters insist that he didn't really say that?

We have a pattern here:

1. Obama says something provocative.
2. Obama denies that he ever said it.


Obama doesn’t mean to suggest that he puts himself above the good of the party, but he does.

Olbermann: Obama, A Divider, Not a Uniter

Related post: Obama Flyer: 'You Can Be A Democrat For One Day' - Getting Out the Wingnut Vote!