Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heat Wave Blues & Icier Pastures


It's so hot here in Tennessee that you can read about it in the International Herald Tribune. Yesterday it was 105 degrees (41 Celsius) in Memphis.

I don't even want to know how hot it was here in Nashville. So far, we have had five heat-related deaths in Tennessee!

I'm dealing with it by staying inside and, yes, I have a bad case of cabin fever, but that's okay. I count myself lucky to be able to stay inside.

But I miss my old home in Newfoundland. When I came back to Tennessee, I was sick and tired of rain, drizzle and fog. I was sick of icebergs floating down the bay in JUNE!

And now, just like an ungrateful, impossible-to-please, fickle fool, I am sick to death of blue skies and perpetual sunshine. The forecast for Nashville today is 100 degrees.

Graphic Icebergs off the coast of Newfoundland