Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Michael Moore Plugs Sicko On Oprah (Video)

Michael Moore on Oprah Part 1 - Sicko Opens June 29th:

The health insurance companies of America should be banned because profiting from the misfortune of others is immoral and primitive behavior. I remember rushing my daughter via ambulance to the hospital because her throat was so swollen that she could not breath. The woman at the ER desk told me she did not think my insurance company would cover the problem of inability to breath. (!) My daughter and I should wait until she contacted the insurance company.

Like any good mother would, I threw a holy fit and screamed, "SHE CAN'T BREATH!" The scene I created was too embarrassing for Vanderbilt to endure. My gasping daughter was whisked away immediately, put on oxygen and admitted for a three day stay. As Moore's film documents, others have not been so fortunate.

Michael Moore on Oprah Part 2 -- "We don't expect the Fire Department to turn a profit." And '9/11 First Responders go to Cuba' clips from Sicko and more on the Bush Administration's persecution of Moore.