Sunday, February 11, 2007

Obama Slams Far-Right Australian Leader


Presidential hopeful Barack Obama (D) wasted no time in responding to Australian Prime Minister John Howard's blistering attack on the Democratic Senator's plan to get the troops out of Iraq by March 31, 2008.

Sounding just like Dick Cheney and George W. Bush, the Far-Right Prime Minister -- who does not get to vote in U.S. elections -- said that Al-Qaeda is 'praying' for Obama to win:

"If I were running al-Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and be praying as many times as possible for a victory not only for Obama but also for the Democrats."

Senator Barack Obama fired back:

"I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me the day after I announced," Mr Obama told reporters in the mid-western US state of Iowa.

"I would also note that we have close to 140,000 troops in Iraq, and my understanding is Mr Howard has deployed 1,400, so if he is ... to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq.

"Otherwise it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric."

Heh. It appears that Obama is getting in a little practice before the slimey swift-boat monsters crawl out of their caves.

via memeorandum