Friday, June 09, 2006

Father Blames Bush, Not Zarqawi


The father of Nick Berg - the man Zarqawi took credit for beheading in 2004 - blames Bush for his son's death, Not Zarqawi.

"I don't think that Zarqawi is himself responsible for the killings of hundreds of thousands of people in Iraq. I think George Bush is. George Bush is the one that invaded this country, George Bush is the one that destabilized it so that Zarqawi could get in, so that Zarqawi had a need to get in, to defend his region of the country from American invaders."

"...Yeah, like George Bush didn't OK the torture and death and rape of people in the Abu Ghraib prison for which my son was killed in retaliation?"

"...I have been lied to by my own government."

-- Michael Berg, father of Nick Berg, who was beheaded in Iraq in 2004.


Michael Berg added that Zarqawi's death "will bring about another wave of revenge from his cohorts from al Qaeda."

Hat tip to Jen at Donkey o.d.