Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Victim of Bredesen's Healthcare Axe Contemplates Suicide

"If I can't get my medication, I'm going to put a bullet in my head. I can't go through what I went through before," Atchison said. "I can't put my wife through that again. She won't let me put her through that again. She'll put the bullet in my head." -- David Atchison

David Atchison is a 52 year old man who suffers from constant pain.

He has lost his TennCare drug coverage thanks to Governor Bredesen's killer healthcare axe which aims to cut as many as 323,000 sick, elderly, disabled and poor folks from the state's expanded Medicaid program. Bredesen's axe will also severely limit the benefits of more than 200,000 more who will be allowed to remain on the program.

Governor Bredesen’s Office: Phone: 615.741.2001 Fax: 615.532.9711 phil.bredesen@state.tn.us

See Man Losing TennCare Claims Bias in the Tennessean

Geotenncare has more.




Tags: