Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Miss California Pageant Director Resigns


Apparently, there is still a person who possesses integrity in this great big country. Be still my beating heart. Shanna Moakler, you are my hero.

On Tuesday, Donald Trump declared that Miss California USA Carrie Prejean could keep her crown after racy photographs of the pageant queen emerged online. And on Wednesday afternoon, former Miss USA Shanna Moakler resigned from her post as Miss California Pageant Director.

"Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization," Moakler said in a statement to MTV News. "I cannot with a clear conscience move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth."


Trump: As Long As I Get the $$