Sunday, April 05, 2009

AG Holder Talks of Harsher Penalties for Pot Smokers


About that hope for a little change in the insane War on Drugs. . . Attorney General Eric Holder says he's looking at ways to "lower the minimum amount" of marijuana possession that will get you prosecuted in federal court.

In other words, Eric Holder is looking for ways to transform more pot smokers into felons.

More people in federal prisons! Wow. There's change we can choke on.

Good reads: Will Wilkinson: I smoke marijuana, and I like it. -- If we’re to begin to roll back our stupid and deadly drug war, the stigma of responsible drug use has got to end, and marijuana is the best place to start. So here we go. My name is Will Wilkinson. I smoke marijuana, and I like it.
David Sirota: This is the truth on drugs ... any questions?
Andrew Sullivan: The Cannabis Closet