Thursday, January 22, 2009

Caroline Kennedy Ends Quest for Hillary's Senate Seat


After a night of conflicting reports, it has finally been confirmed that Caroline Kennedy has withdrawn her name from consideration for the senate seat of Hillary Rodham Clinton. She was not my first choice, but I think she got a raw deal. But then, I think politics in the U.S. is more suitable for thugs than the kind of people I'd like to see in office.

Caroline Kennedy undoubtedly expected the media to treat her bid for office with the same courtesy and respect they accorded to Barack Obama's presidential bid. Caroline got all kinds of respect when she campaigned for Obama, but when she campaigned for herself, well, then she was treated like Hillary. And isn't Hillary so much more likable now that she's working for Obama? [snark]

MSNBC, every woman's favorite network, has the story, along with an unflattering photo of Caroline - just in case we failed to fathom the Misogyny Network's preference:

"I informed Governor Paterson today that for personal reasons I am withdrawing my name from consideration for the United States Senate," she said in a one-sentence statement released after midnight.

Paterson says he will announce his decision on Hillary's replacement by Saturday.