Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fred Thompson: 'Not Interested in Running for President'


"I’m not particularly interested in running for president."
--Freddie Thompson, 12/29/07,
GOP presidential candidate

Well, that's just too bad for all the folks who gave Freddie money. No one can figure out exactly why, but Freddie Thompson is indeed running strolling for president. He hasn't cut and run yet. The former Tennessee senator (hey, if you're going to blame Tennessee for lazy Freddie, then you have to blame us for Al Gore too!) added that he has better things he could be doing:

"I was doing speaking engagements and I had a contract to do a TV show, I had a contract with ABC Radio like I was talking about earlier and so forth. I guess a man would have to be a total fool to do all those things and to be leaving his family, which is not a joyful thing at all, if he didn’t want to do it."

'Total fool' sounds remarkably like 'dumb as hell.' At long last, Freddie Thompson has said something that makes perfect sense.