Thursday, June 29, 2006

Al Gore: 'I Wish Bush Would See the Movie' (Daily Show Video)



The Daily Show - 2006.06.28 - Al Gore (Part II)
You can see Part 1 here.

I saw An Inconvenient Truth last night. Everyone broke into applause at the end. People just stood there stunned in the aisle watching the screen until the last credit was gone. Some people cried. No one told me that the film ended with a tune by Melissa Ethridge.

I was never a flatearther, but I didn't realize how overwhelming the evidence is. And I sure never thought I'd be sitting spellbound on the edge of my seat while I heard the science.

Like everyone else says, you have to see this film!

Afterwards, I rushed home to see Al Gore on the Daily Show. Memorable lines: "I think I carried Florida" and "I wish pResident Bush would see the movie."

Bush says he won't see it, and with a mind as closed as his, what really is the point? Flatearth Bush is trying to convince the Supreme Court that "the federal government has no obligation to restrict greenhouse gases." You can't make this stuff up.

Goddess, wouldn't it be an earthsaving change to have a president who cared about something bigger than himself?

DraftGore.Com
Draft Gore 2008
Scientists OK Gore's movie for accuracy
Al Gore Gets Rock Star Welcome at Nashville Book Signing