Thursday, August 18, 2005

How Not to Make Him Ex-Gay

Ben at Dictionopolis in Digitopolis points to Positive Liberty where Jason has the best response I've seen to the homophobic efforts to stamp out gayness.

Jason posts a letter, and here's a snippet:

I recently found your website, http://www.positiveliberty.com. You seem to be a very good writer as well as very intelligent. I was therefore surprised to read your essay on homosexuality.

I am writing to let you know that you are making a terrible mistake. You may think that being gay is who you actually are, but it’s not. Homosexuality is only something that you choose to do–and you can choose to stop it if you want. A person like you, with all of your talents and abilities, should not waste his life on a destructive, unfulfilling lifestyle.

Fortunately, I can help you. I managed to escape being a homosexual, and now you can too. . .

The blogger's response: How Not to Make Me Ex-Gay