Sunday, April 15, 2012

Romney: Mothers Should Be Required To Work Outside Home, Except My Wife (Video)

Turns out Mitt Romney's definition of "work" varies according to the class status of a mom and the children she cares for. When Mitt Romney's wife stays home with the kids, she deserves praise for doing the hardest work in the world. When ordinary moms (who have no hope of snaring a multimillionaire husband) stay home with the kids, they are lazy slackards who need to get jobs so they can have a little "dignity of work". What a self-absorbed hypocrite:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy


While I was governor, 85% of the people on a form of welfare assistance in my state, had no work requirement. And I wanted to increase the work requirement. I said, for instance, that even if you have a child two years of age, you need to go to work. And people said, well that’s heartless. And I said no, no, I’m willing to spend more giving day care to allow those parents to go back to work. It will cost the state more, providing that day care. But I want the individuals to have the dignity of work.

Bookmark and Share